Morphine, Ice cream, Tears: Tales of a City Hospital

Last night, caught hold of this book from my dusty cupboard while updating 'my library' at 'the library thing' (A random list of books from my library are displayed in left sidebar). I could not resist giving a quick revision. Wanted to share this part,

Somebody should have told me, way back when I made the decision to become a doctor, somebody should have sat me down and said, "Kid, think twice. It ain't what it seems to be from the outside, this medical business. It has nothing to do with the hype, or the status, or the media image, or Ben Casey, or Marcus Welby, or any of that crap. The fact is that it can get very ugly and very uncomfortable, so give it a good long think before you get involved."
---- Joseph Sacco MD in Morphine, Ice cream, Tears: Tales of a City Hospital


No comments

0 comments: